As in most circumstances, it is best to make informed decisions that rely on trusting and listening to the experts, and our response to Coronavirus is no different. We will defer to and trust the public health experts. The following information is from the World Health Organization and U.S. Center for Disease Control.
What is COVID-19?
There are many types of human coronaviruses including some that commonly cause mild upperrespiratory tract illnesses. COVID-19 is a new disease, caused by a new coronavirus that has not previously been seen in humans.
How is COVID-19 spread?
COVID-19 is primarily spread between people by small droplets from infected individuals when they breathe or cough. Time from exposure to onset of symptoms is generally between 2 and 14 days.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don’t feel unwell.
How can I protect myself from COVID-19?
• Practice good hygiene and wash your hands frequently.
• Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water
• Maintain at least 2 meters (6 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
• Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
• Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.
• Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19. Follow advice given by your healthcare provider, your national and local public health authority on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
Who should I contact if I have additional questions or concerns about COVID-19?
Additional information can be found at:
A comprehensive FAQ&A can be found on the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
Below are answers to 5 of the most frequently asked questions we have received regarding Laddawn’s sourced products.
5 Frequently asked Q&A
1. Where are Laddawn’s imported items produced?
Laddawn has a well-established network for manufactures throughout Asia, including vendor partners in China, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Taiwan and Vietnam.
2. Can I catch Coronavirus from an imported case of product?
No. Coronaviruses are thought to mainly spread from person to person via respiratory droplets, researchers say. The virus does not live long on surfaces. Here is a good article from npr.org: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/02/03/801620037/no-you-wont-catch-the-newcoronavirus-via-packages-or-mail-from-china
3. Will this affect the stock levels of your imported items?
We do not believe so. Having a well-established network of overseas suppliers provides a greater certainty in supply. It has also allowed us to increase our stock levels, just in case. The availability of container ships from Asia may be effected. We continue to monitor that situation.
4. Will this impact Laddawn’s pricing on imported items?
We do not believe so. Our well-established network of overseas suppliers provides an extra measure of cost protection. We will continue to monitor the situation. Of course, we always provide a 30-day notice of any stock item price increase. If circumstances change, we will provide plenty of notice.
5. Will this affect the quality of your overseas production?
No. Our overseas vendor partners are well vetted for quality and are well prepared to ensure consistency in product aesthetics and performance.