Our Containment Sheeting and Shrink Film is made from a blend of Low-Density Polyethylene with a UVI additive and can be shrunk using a heat gun or manually strapped on. All film is U-folded on rolls and features a center slit gusset construction. Build your custom sheeting and film on Laddawn.com.
Designed to protect large equipment during transportation, winterizing and other weather-related issues. This film can be used as a shrink product or as reinforced sheeting. Extremely versatile, it serves as a superior alternative to tarping, and is less expensive than inside storage. Once heat is applied, it shrinks to the size of its contents, providing a glove-like cover that prevents any movement or chafing of the product inside.
Build Your Containment Sheeting and Shrink Film on Laddawn.com with these Available Options:
Size and Gauge Guidelines
- Widths of 240”– 480”’
- Gauges of 7 – 10 mil
- White or blue color
Film Color or Tint
- Choose clear, blue or white
Infused with UV Inhibitors
- Allows the film to withstand direct exposure to sunlight, keeping product safeguarded from harmful rays during the offseason.
The Science: How Does It Work?
- The science of shrink wrap can be explained in terms of molecular behavior. The molecules of a shrink film sheet or tube are randomly intertwined, meaning they are coiled and twisted with no particular alignment. When the film is warmed, the structureless regions of the chains are straightened and aligned to the direction of orientation. More simply, the molecules reorient from their initial random pattern to ultimately fit the mold of its contents. When cooled properly, the film’s molecular characteristics are set, so it remains in this stretched state until sufficient heat energy is applied for the molecule chains to shrink back to its original form.
- All film is wound on rolls with 3” cores.
- Choose cradlepacked or individually boxed.
Don’t see your size or construction? Contact your local Berry representative for more custom options!